Bitumen grade 60/70 is a premium brand that is dark brown or black color similar to cement-shape semi-solid or viscous liquid form produced by the non-destructive refining of crude oil during petroleum refining.
The exact chemical composition of bitumen 60/70 is dependent on the chemical complexity of the original crude oil and the manufacturing process. Penetration bitumen grade 60/70 has properties of 60~70 desimilimeter and softening point 46~58 Deg°C.
Bitumen extracting is hard but it can bubble naturally to surface in petroleum seeps.
Seeps are places where fossil fuels and petroleum products leak out of the Earth instead of being trapped deep below the ground. In these seeps, bitumen, asphalt, and tar bubble up into pools.
In addition, bitumen is the main fossil fuel component of oil sands. Bitumen combination with asphalt is solid, uses in paving.
|Specific gravity @ 25 (°C)||1.01/1.06||D70|
|Penetration @ 25 (°C)||60/70||D5|
|Softening Point (°C)||48/52||D36|
|Ductility @25 (°C)||100 min||D113|
|Loss on Heating (wt) %||0.2 Max||D6|
|Drop in Penetration after Heating %||20 Max||ASTM D6
|Flash Point, (°C)||250 min||D92|
|Solubility is CS2 (wt) %||99.5 Max||D4|
- Poly Bag 30-40 Kg
- Poly Bag 1000 Kg
- In construction
- In paving and roofing apples
- In asphalt industry
- 10% used in roofing, because it`s waterproofing qualities help make roofs function well
- 5% using for sealing and insulating purposes in building materials such as carpet tile
- In soundproofing, explosives, fence post coating, mildew protection, a binder in briquettes, a backing to mirrors, shoe solesand soil stabilization
- The exact chemical composition of bitumen 60/70 is dependent on the chemical complexity of original crude oil also manufacturing process